- The house of Carven was founded by Maie-Louise Carven in 1945. Specializing in outfits for petite ladies like her, the brand was an instant hit with the French elite in post-War Paris.
Throughout her long career, Madame Carven became known for numerous trademarks, notably youthful fabrics like cotton gimgham and broderie anglaise, and also exotic textiles like African wax cloth and Indonesian batik, which she brought back from her frequent far-flung travels.
Her famouse 1946 fragance, "Ma Griffe", was naed after sundress cut in her signature green and white stripe cloth.
Madame Carven retires in 1993 and her oeuvre is celebrated in a major retrospective exhibition at the Lusée Galliera in 2002.
In 2017, Serge Ruffieux is appointed Creative Director of Carven, overseeing the brand's womenswear accesories and footwear lines.
His first collection for the house was unveiled during the Spring Summer 20188 season in Paris. Prior Carven, Serge spent a decade at christian Dior, where he was co-artistic director betwenn 2015 and 2016.
With Serge at the helm, a new era has dawned at Carven.
Photo by Chrystele Escure
Model Esther Gruner
For Volver St Barth
- The perfect dress for all the occasions, from coffe break to the cocktail party.
Model Estelle Fraysse
Photo Chrystele Escure for Volver St barth
- Estelle Fraysse presenting the new collection See By Chloe. Find it now at Volver St Barth.
Photo by Chrystele Escure
- A way of understanding life, a way of feeling fashion. Enjoy the journey, repairing in the small details, enjoying the slow and always firm step; on the skin and the heart.
Photo by Chrystele Escure. Model Estelle Fraysse for Volver St Barth.
- Spring calls for prints, come to discover more of this beautiful collection at Volver St Barth.
- Spring has arrived and the streets are full of striking prints and colors on the clothes. Dresses, pants and skirts with prints will be another trend with which you will fall sold this season.
- The purpose behind the house is to allow the wearer to discover their own identity through the experience of a second skin -by granting freedom of expression. Jitrois. is known globally as the brand who brought a Leather Second Skin into the luxury sphere -the brthday place of Cuir Couture.
- New Year, same fabulous you.
- We are ready for this holiday season, and you?
11/21/2017 - Fascinating exotic gardens and far away places inspired this "oniric rhapsody" collection. In store.
04/02/2017 - Fall in love for those amazing outfits by Forte Forte. Find it now at our store Volver St Barth! 📷 by @emilylab
04/04/2017 - The perfect outfit for a sunny day. Find it now at Volver St Barth. 📷 by @emilylab
04/03/2017 - The coolest jumpsuit of the spring collection. Find the outfit at @volver.stbarth. 📷 by @emilylab
02/28/2017 - In Love With this new outfits. Find it now in the store.
12/31/2016 - Speechless. Available at Volver St Barth
01/02/2017 - In Love with this outfit! Available at Volver St Barth!
12/19/2016 - This piece is The reason You needed to clear your wishlist. Available at Volver St Barth.
12/19/2016 - Planning what to wear in your warm-weather holiday is so much fun with Odette new collection. Find it at Volver St Barth.
11/30/2016 - Odette creates her own culture of cool. Collection available at the boutique.
autunno - inverno 2016
11/28/2016 - "in love"
A smooth, elegant, emotional journey that arouses our senses; an ethereal scent of perceivable harmony.
"in love" is love and sensory pureness: touch, sinuosity, wonder for the eyes.
The delicate and natural elegance of precious japanese porcelain inspires this new forte_forte autumn-winter 2016 story; the exquisite refinement of pure and artisanal beauty.